We are hiring for the following employment opportunities:
1) ADA & Communications Coordinator
flexibility to work from home but available to attend some meetings occasionally
part time: $15/hour, 2 hours per week.
- Has the following qualifications:
- familiarity with the state or local government’s structure, activities, and employees
- knowledge of the ADA and other laws addressing the rights of people with disabilities, such as Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, 29 U.S.C. § 794
- experience with people (including both children and adults) with a broad range of disabilities
- knowledge of various alternative formats and alternative technologies that enable people with disabilities to communicate, participate, and perform tasks
- ability to work cooperatively with the local government and people with disabilities
- familiarity with any local disability advocacy groups or other disability groups
- skills and training in negotiation and mediation
- organizational and analytical skills for organizing/maintaining an advisory board
- searches for relevant grant opportunities and writes draft letters of intent/applications
- can write academic or professional policy briefs, newsletters, and reports
- Age 18 years of age or older
- Personable and motivated attitude
- Access to phone and online meeting capabilities (for example: skype)
- Past work experience with student organizations or non-profits, state or local government.
- Past work experience in education or public health is a plus
- Education: B.A. or B.S. degree, M.A./M.S./M.Ed./MPH preferred.
- Please email your interest with cover letter, resume, and 2 references to Pialee Roy at email@example.com by December 31st, 2018.
Padma Sherni Inc. is a nonprofit organization committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants.
Padma Sherni Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, pregnancy, or citizenship status in any of its activities or operations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
An applicant, employee, or volunteer may request a reasonable accommodation at any time, orally or in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Pialee Roy at 302-540-3870.